There’s a church looks-like building at the beginning of the Via S. Giovanni in Laterano. It is the building of the Ospedale delle Donne, or the Maternity Department of the Ospedale del Salvatore, built in 1655 on a project by Giovanni Antonio De Rossi.
In the second half of the 17th century the definitive renewal of the Ancient Hospital was carried out with the construction of the “Sala delle Donne”. The structure was built as a space exclusively intendend for hospitalization of sick and pregnant women. An unsurpassable example of Roman Baroque architecture was created, “a synthesis of the teachings of Benini and Borromini…”.
In piazza di San Giovanni in Laterano n°74, 00184 Roma
Bus stop P.za S. Giovanni In Laterano (H) with lines 650, 665, 81, 673, 792
By Subway: Subway Stop San Giovanni
By Train: Train station Roma Termini